Thursday, January 20, 2011

New year, new blog

It’s hard to believe I started this blog a year ago. I feel like it never really lived up to its full potential. I had grand ideas of lots of posts about planning the wedding, the complexities of cohabitating with one’s parents, but they just never fully materialized. Planning the wedding took more work out of me than I expected! And once it was over, I was in full-on vegetation mode for the rest of the summer. 
 
All this said, I’ve decided it’s time to move on to a new blog. While I felt like the title really captured the Hubs’ and I’s in-between status as we lived with my parents, planned a wedding and searched for a house, I’m having a hard time thinking of us as “semi-adults” now (well, on most days…). It’s somewhat surprising, since I didn’t expect to feel like a real grown-up until we became parents, but apparently being a parent to an occasionally finicky six-year-old house is enough to make me feel a little more mature. Well, that, and the ever-rarer trip to the bar on a Saturday night -- that ends at 10:30. 

That said, I’d like to introduce you to my new blog, Heart Maine Home. This blog will focus more on the trials, tribulations and triumphs of turning our house into our first home, and will feature, among other things: our house projects, both big and small; décor inspiration; DIY and on-the-cheap decorating ideas; and other musings on married and homeowner life. 

I’ve made a conscious decision to devote more time and energy to updating this blog and connecting with the blogging community, so you should expect to see more regular content. Pinky swear!
 
Thank you to my loyal readers, and I hope you’ll stick around and follow me at Heart Maine Home.

No comments: